Posted to alt.home.repair
(PeteCresswell) (PeteCresswell) is offline

Default Ticks working in the back yard clearing brush

Per Gijs Van Dijk:
What do you do to ... to prevent disease?

I have stopped going where I get ticks.

Every bird watcher I know has serious Lyme disease, as does the
misguided gardener in New Jersey (the Jersey shore is crawling with the
things).

When I saw your second pic link, a little voice in my head said "Lyme
Disease Bullseye Rash". If I had that I could get myself to a
competent doctor ASAP. Without prompt treatment, Lyme goes into the
cartilage of the joints and then you have it for life.
--
Pete Cresswell