Posted to uk.d-i-y
Graham.[_11_] Graham.[_11_] is offline

Default Shower head riser rail

On Wed, 28 Dec 2016 15:09:03 -0800 (PST), wrote:

On Wednesday, 28 December 2016 10:46:06 UTC, DerbyBorn wrote:
I want to replace the shower riser rail - when I originally bought it I had
to file out the hole to allow it to grip the tapered section of the end of
the shower hose.

My question is, Is it "standard" for the shower head to be held onto the
riser attachment by the tapered ferule on the end of the hose. I want to
minimise the risk of buying one that isn't quite suitable.

Yes it's standard practice. But there are at least 2 sizes, as I've found from replacing a number of them. Maybe take the old one with you.

NT

I think there are wider bore hoses for low pressure tank fed showers.
Perhaps the OD is wider too.

--

Graham.

%Profound_observation%