Posted to alt.home.repair
Tekkie® Tekkie® is offline

Default Renewal By Andersen ?

Bob posted for all of us...

Hi,

Would appreciate any thoughts and opinions on windows
by Renewal by Andersen.

Hard to understand.

If I order windows direct from Andersen, and hire a Carpenter to install
them, they
are of wood. As one would expect.

However, if I go to the Renewal by Andersen folks, which is apparently a
franchise of the main
Andersen company, all their windows are not of wood, but apparently some
composite material.

Why ?
Any good ?
Wood better ?
etc. ?

Pros and cons, ?

Funny that they would each use a different material.
Some made here, and some from China, maybe ?

Thanks,
Bob

I know someone whom had a problem with their Andersen French door. He call
them and they asked for the serial number. After locating it, they sent a
new one (bad batch, they said). He had to pay for install. He was happy.

--
Tekkie