Posted to alt.home.repair
Dave C[_3_] Dave C[_3_] is offline

Default Switchable Wall Outlet

On Wed, 28 Dec 2016 20:03:05 -0800, "Colonel Edmund J. Burke"
wrote:

On 12/22/2016 11:57 AM, Dave C wrote:
I have an AC wall socket, currently controlled by a wall switch. I
would like to change that outlet, so the one of the plugs is always
ON. The other plug would remaqin as is, ergo controlled by the wall
switch. I purchased a prior house with that configuartion for one
socket. Alas I never looked to see how that "split" outlet
configuration was implemented.

Can one inform me, how to make this change? Thanks

Call an electrician.

"Call an electrician" - DUH !! I successfully rewired my Simple Outlet
change Days ago - using advise offered one day, after my initial post!

I have enjoyed the on-going dialogue! Maybe Mr Olm (long deceased) is
likewise enjoying thiis discussion of his Law!!