Grunff

Default drilling porcelain Tiles

David wrote:

Yes I believe I bought it on your recommednation, but my experience was that
it was only margianlly better than the standard tile drills.

Sorry you didn't like it!

I think anyone would be rather foolish to try and
drill through brick with a tile drill but then again you never know I
suppose.

I bet I know a few people who would...

Perhaps the manuacturers are just trying to reinforce this point
and encourage the user to protect the tile drill as they have also paid out
for this standard drill that is included.

Yes, maybe.

If it reduced the price by a fiver to come without this then it may well be
worth the extra expense, but the only real reason I can see for its
inclusion is to justify the high cost of the set.

The reason I liked it is that it's actually still in good condition, if
slightly blunted, having drilled a dozen holes in very tough porcelain
tiles. I couldn't even get a single hole in any reasonable time scale
with the cheap tile bit - it just rounded.

--
Grunff