Posted to uk.d-i-y
tim... tim... is offline

Default Christmas lecture

"Moron Watch" wrote in message
news

"tim..." wrote in message
news

"Huge" wrote in message
On 2016-12-27, tim... wrote:
Billed as "energy for the future"

I was expecting an exposé of all of the new technology that is coming
on
stream in the next 20 years

What "new technology"?

I dunno, it's not my professional field so I was hoping to learn about
new stuff.

For example, there are supposed to be some new battery technologies that
are a couple of orders of magnitude better than currently available.

But rather than read up on them in "The New Scientist" or similar,

You can't expect someone to subscribe to a general magazine on the off
chance that a specific article will appear

or check them
out for yourself in Wikipaedia,

AKA Wonkypedia

you held back hoping that there'd be a TV programme
about them over Christmas ? I see.

Of course not. It just happened along. I wasn't waiting for it.

tim