Posted to uk.d-i-y
Judith Judith is offline

Default Smart Meter Display on Computer

On Tue, 27 Dec 2016 15:19:45 -0000, "Ron" wrote:

I have just had my electricity and gas meters replaced with smart meters
which have now made my excel spread sheet redundant and I no longer need to
read my meters every day.

However I will still update my spread sheet, I just won't need to go out in
the rain to read my meter, just to the kitchen where the smart meter display
is situated.

Then I thought, is there a way to get the smart meter display to
automatically update my spread sheet or for me to view the output from the
smart meters directly on my computer, by, in some way, capturing the output
from the smart meters?

I have a wireless router but it does not show anything about the smart meter
LAN.

I guess it depends on what is offered: OVO will supply a device to link to your
router instead of the readable display.