Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default OT Credit card charging

In alt.home.repair, on Tue, 27 Dec 2016 23:55:20 -0500,
wrote:

On Tue, 27 Dec 2016 17:38:16 -0500, micky
wrote:

In alt.home.repair, on Tue, 27 Dec 2016 16:57:07 -0500, Ed Pawlowski
wrote:

On 12/27/2016 12:44 AM,
wrote:

This is AmEx, and they now have prepaid cards**, which are one form of
debit card.
You can get "prepaid credit cards" from Mastercard and Visa now too -
basically "gift cards"

We were going to send them to the out of state grandkids for Xmas, but
they charge $5 for a $50 card. They were happy with Amazon cards.

That's ridiculous. I was going to give a gift certificate for a sports
ticket service once, and they *charged* for the gift certificate. It
was too late for me to get anything else, but I never did that again.

About 30 years ago. Ticketron?

Ticketron charges you a service fee to sell you a ticket too.

Exactly. I knew that and accepted that, but to then charge for the
right to get charged was too much.