Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default my really wierd idea

On 12/27/2016 7:02 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

Real common up here. Also google "link home" - also fairly common,
and very similar

We call 'em duplexes. They're not all that common, but they're not
unusual, either. Most people prefer a fully detached home, so
duplexes are considered somewhat downmarket, at least in the
suburbs and small cities I'm familiar with. I've never lived
in a big city.

Cindy Hamilton

Duplex is a bit different here, it is one building where one or both are
rentals. Link home from what I see is like a row house or town house,
each individually owned.

In North America, a duplex house is a dwelling having apartments with
separate entrances for two households. This includes two-story houses
having a complete apartment on each floor and also side-by-side
apartments on a single lot that share a common wall.