Posted to alt.home.repair
James Wilkinson Sword[_2_] James Wilkinson Sword[_2_] is offline

Default Switchable Wall Outlet

On Tue, 27 Dec 2016 01:52:40 -0000, wrote:

On Mon, 26 Dec 2016 22:20:37 -0000, "James Wilkinson Sword"
wrote:

On Mon, 26 Dec 2016 22:12:19 -0000, wrote:

On Mon, 26 Dec 2016 16:48:10 -0500, Ralph Mowery
wrote:

Depends on what you call low current.

As little as 10 ma can be painful, 20 ma sevear pain and maybe
difficulty breathing. At 50 ma you start to get to the danger zone.
Depending on the path of the current you may be able to take more or
less.

Even less than 10 ma is enough to make you hirt yourself.
Most people can feel around 1 to 2 ma.

We used to always say the 5ma GFCI will keep you from being
electrocuted but it doesn't keep you from falling off the ladder.

And serves no purpose at all if you touch live and neutral, which is just as likely unless you have stuff earthed everywhere. I tend not to earth things, as all it does is increase the chance of shock.

You already said you have a wood floor so there is not much ground
around you. The rules change pretty quickly when you are slab on
grade. Concrete is a pretty good conductor. If you are standing on a
tile floor and touch something hot, you get it the worst way, right
through your core.

Rules are for the obedience of fools.