Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Renewal By Andersen ?

On Tuesday, December 27, 2016 at 12:40:07 PM UTC-5, Bob wrote:
Hi,

Would appreciate any thoughts and opinions on windows
by Renewal by Andersen.

Hard to understand.

If I order windows direct from Andersen, and hire a Carpenter to install
them, they
are of wood. As one would expect.

However, if I go to the Renewal by Andersen folks, which is apparently a
franchise of the main
Andersen company, all their windows are not of wood, but apparently some
composite material.

Why ?
Any good ?
Wood better ?
etc. ?

Pros and cons, ?

Funny that they would each use a different material.
Some made here, and some from China, maybe ?

Thanks,
Bob

Are you sure you understood what you were told?

All of the "Renewal by Anderson" windows are composite. "Renewal by Anderson"
is actually a separate company which owned by Anderson. They use the same
composite material (Fibrex) which Anderson uses to make their own composite
windows, but "Renewal by Anderson" custom manufactures, sells, etc. their
own windows under the "Renewal by Anderson" name.

Anderson does sell wooden windows as shown at the following link, but you
won't see "Renewal by Anderson" listed on that page.

https://www.andersenwindows.com/mate...windows-doors/

Anderson also sells composite windows as shown at the link below and they
do include a link for "Renewal by Anderson", but once you click that link
you leave the andersenwindows.com site and are taken to the
renewalbyandersen.com site where it says in tiny print "An Anderson company".

https://www.andersenwindows.com/mate...windows-doors/

Bottom line: If you want wooden windows, you don't want "Renewal by Anderson"
windows.