Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default Smart Meter Display on Computer

In article ,
Phil L wrote:
charles wrote:
In article , Ron
wrote:
I have just had my electricity and gas meters replaced with smart
meters which have now made my excel spread sheet redundant and I no
longer need to read my meters every day.

However I will still update my spread sheet, I just won't need to go
out in the rain to read my meter, just to the kitchen where the
smart meter display is situated.

Then I thought, is there a way to get the smart meter display to
automatically update my spread sheet or for me to view the output
from the smart meters directly on my computer, by, in some way,
capturing the output from the smart meters?

I have a wireless router but it does not show anything about the
smart meter LAN.

I think that smart meters use a dedicated wireless network - and, I
suspect, encrypted data.

This doesn't answer yur question, but I have a question. How long
did the changeover take? I don't wamt to be without gas in the
winter = nor without electricity for any length of time. I need them
both for the boiler to operate.

They are swapped over in less time than it takes to defrost a freezer,
otherwise everyone would be claiming hundreds in compo for spoiled food.

A freezer kept shut will take hours to defrost.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England