Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default Smart Meter Display on Computer

In article , Ron wrote:
I have just had my electricity and gas meters replaced with smart meters
which have now made my excel spread sheet redundant and I no longer need
to read my meters every day.

However I will still update my spread sheet, I just won't need to go out
in the rain to read my meter, just to the kitchen where the smart meter
display is situated.

Then I thought, is there a way to get the smart meter display to
automatically update my spread sheet or for me to view the output from
the smart meters directly on my computer, by, in some way, capturing the
output from the smart meters?

I have a wireless router but it does not show anything about the smart
meter LAN.

I think that smart meters use a dedicated wireless network - and, I
suspect, encrypted data.

This doesn't answer yur question, but I have a question. How long did the
changeover take? I don't wamt to be without gas in the winter = nor
without electricity for any length of time. I need them both for the
boiler to operate.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England