Posted to alt.home.repair
bob haller bob haller is offline

Default my really wierd idea

I am the OP.

my family owned the home until 1972, when we moved, i was 12 years old

a old couple bought the home and lived there till the father died, around 1991.

my grandma was very ill in 1990/ 1991. she died in feb 1991.

that home is like a anchor to me. when times are tough i am drawn to it...

right before my grandma died i drove by early feb 1991.......

the night grandma died i drove by after driving her care giver home..

just a few days later i drove by on the way home from the cemetary. a for sale sign was on the house.

i called the realtor the next morning the home was sold. i wanted to walk thru the house for old times sake, and would of compensated the realtor with some money for his wasted time....

but home was sold.

a new couple with 2 little girls moved in. i have always driven by that home if i was in the neighborhood.

the new owner didnt know who i was, and watched me with interest.......

so i decided the next time i saw him i would identify myself.......

fast forward a bit i was engaged to be married and me and my fiance were at pittsburghs 3 rivers regatta.....bored me and tracey so i suggested i would show here the neighborhood where i grew up.

the property owner saw me . so i identified myself, hey i grew up here, isnt your fireplace beautiful. he asked if i knew tom meehan the next door neghbor, yep so i went and talked to tom. which was pleasant, and confirmed my identity.

told scott the owner i would like to walk thru the house. he said fine but not right now he had just lost is job.

so had me fiances dad. its a small world, the property owner and my fiances day were best friends at work. at budget gourmet a frozen meals plant that had just closed.

the family did some decorating while there girls were young. but that ended some time ago

the home next door is still in the meehan family. terry a son now owns it.

i will add it was creepy seeing the meehan family home on unsolved mysteries hosted by robert stack....

patty meehan there daughter disappered coming home from colorado.

if you google patty meehan missing you will find a link...... and may find some message board posts about this by me. i spoke with her sister for a update. unfortunately patty has never been found.