Posted to rec.woodworking
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Merry Christmas

On Sunday, December 25, 2016 at 8:46:29 AM UTC-5, wrote:
Wishing you all a Merry Christmas.
--
Jeff

Right back at 'cha!

Safe travels to everyone who will be on the roads visiting friends
and family during this holiday season.

Ditto that !

We drove from Massachusetts to Western NY mid-afternoon on Monday. I was
towing a lightly loaded 5 x 8 enclosed trailer with a Honda Odyssey.

It was pretty windy with mostly a headwind but some sideway gusts. No big
deal, I've been towing for years. This is nothing. Somewhere between Albany
and Syracuse it started raining - hard. OK, rain is better than snow. Then I
looked at the external temperature reading: 28°F! Well that sucks.

Ice started to form on the windshield but the defroster made quick work of
that. It was the roads I was worried about. I, along all the 18 wheelers,
slowed to about 45 MPH and put our flashers on. The salt trucks were out
so the roads were just wet in *most* spots, but there were spots that were
pretty slick. Other people were still flying by at 70+.

Not surprising, the idiots got what they deserved. A few miles later, we
were stuck in traffic, merging right to let the emergency vehicles go by.
4 separate vehicles up against the center guardrail or off into the snow
packed median.

I hope that only their vehicles (and their pride) were hurt.