Posted to uk.d-i-y
Judith Judith is offline

Default Police comms

On Sun, 25 Dec 2016 18:08:28 -0000, "James Wilkinson Sword"
wrote:

On Sun, 25 Dec 2016 11:54:37 -0000, Cursitor Doom wrote:

On Sun, 25 Dec 2016 02:15:10 +0000, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:

What law am I breaking by listening to something that has been broadcast
into MY property?

The key point is that police comms do not fall within the legal
definition of "broadcast" which is a signal intended for general
reception. None of the signals originated between agencies of the
emergency services (fire, police, ambulance, coastguard etc.) are
intended for general reception.

Then they shouldn't put them in my house.

I wouldn't worry too much about that : you need to concentrate on the voices in
your head.