Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Switchable Wall Outlet

On Monday, December 26, 2016 at 9:48:22 AM UTC-5, trader_4 wrote:
On Sunday, December 25, 2016 at 4:46:09 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Sat, 24 Dec 2016 18:00:52 -0800 (PST), DerbyDad03
wrote:

Snip

If an EE knows how to wire a split switched receptacle, it is something (s)he
learned from a source unrelated to the degree they earned - unless perhaps it
was an elective.

I doubt you have an EE degree, but if you do, are you telling us that
where you got it, they had to instruct you on every single possible thing
you will ever see? Where I got my degree, they taught us to think like
an engineer, use electrical principles from Ohms Law to Maxwell's equations
and apply them to the real world. It takes nothing more than the most
basic understanding of electricity to be able to figure out how to wire
a split-receptacle, something I already knew before I entered high school,
let alone college. And no, no one had to specifically instruct me in how
it worked. I saw one, figured it out in maybe a minute.

It sure wasn't an elective at RIT back when I attended.

If you graduated from there, they should be embarrassed.

You can doubt all you want, but you would be wrong.

You totally missed the the point of my post and I'm not going to waste any
effort trying to explain it because you'll probably argue with that too.

BTW...how do you go from saying "DerbyDad, as usual, is 100% right" to
doubting my claim that I have a BSEE? Praise followed by condemnation?
Flip-flop much?