Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default my really wierd idea

In alt.home.repair, on Sun, 25 Dec 2016 19:37:08 -0800 (PST), bob haller
wrote:

I will be 60 in january. my family moved from another part of pittsburgh in 1972. when i was 12.

geez thats a long time.

i got thinking my original house... i always wanted to decorate it really nice with lights.

a real grizwalds christmas.

i had a dream, i won the lottery and gave the current owners of the home enough bucks to really deck out the house. my original house would look awesome with tons of lights.

i wonder if anyone has ever done such a insane thing?

one thing for certain, its a unique idea

I won $400,000 in the lottery once but I spent it all on booze and
women. No money left for lights.

But I have been back to the home I was born in. about 50 years later.
It looked just as good as it did when we left, and it had central AC
now, and they replaced the garage door, which needed it. After my
father died but before we moved, some guy, maybe someone who mowed the
lawn, told my mother the oak tree needed an 18" moat dug around it, and
she wasn't convinced he was telling the truth, but she did it. Fifty
years later, most of the moat was still there, empty, that is, and the
oak tree was bigger than ever. So big one couldn't see anything but
leaves out of the 2nd floor front windows. So maybe the moat helped.

I plan to go back again. My room had only one receptacle or so, and
when I was about 7, my father paid some guy (my father was not poor or
cheap so I think it was an electrician) to put in another receptacle.
The guy drilled a hole through the wall from the closet in my parents'
room ran some lamp cord from the outlet in that closet through the hole
and along the baseboard to a surface-mount receptacle. I'm curious if
that is still in use.