Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Switchable Wall Outlet

[snip]

I can often hear ultrasonic mole scarers, but it might be they're faulty
as they don't all do it. Although whenever I've said "isn't that
annoying" to someone, they have no idea what I'm talking about. I
tested myself at some science fair when I was 12, and I had better range
than most. And a doctor about 5 years ago did a hearing test and said I
have better hearing than a kid (I'm 41).

My father used to spend a tot of time listening to a certain classical
music radio station. There was a constant annoying high-frequency hiss
on it. HE couldn't hear the hiss.

BTW, he had the radio on all night, and just a loud as day.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"Nothing could be more anti-Biblical than letting women vote."
[Editorial, Harper's Magazine, November 1853]