Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Just wondering - Heat Transfer

On 26/12/16 21:00, T i m wrote:
On Mon, 26 Dec 2016 18:50:42 +0200, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

On 26/12/16 12:34, T i m wrote:
On Mon, 26 Dec 2016 11:54:50 +0200, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

On 26/12/16 02:08, T i m wrote:
*if* that energy wasn't
being recovered before escaping the closed system

Oh dear. How can energy 'escape' from a 'closed' system?

Tell you what, I'll put back what you desperately cut out to try to
make your pathetic left brainer case:

Tim Streater said:"
It can't get any hotter than 100C at sea-level pressures until all the
water has boiled away. The extra energy being put in is what is needed
to boil the water off - quite a lot of energy is needed for that
purpose.

I said:
Quite, so, *if* an element was kettling and *if* that energy wasn't
being recovered before escaping the closed system, then increasing the
surface area of the element might improve the situation."

And I sad 'how can energy escape from a *closed* system

You really, really are either suicidal in your efforts to defend your
bogus position or so very hard of thinking.

I explained to you that it isn't a closed system when it is no longer
a closed system (duh) and it was under the circumstances of being an
open system that we were then discussing. I know you can't keep up
because you aren't wired for it (so I don't hold it against you).

The bit you forgot to quote....

I didn't forget to quote it, I didn't quote it because your opinion is
completely irrelevant. My comment on you however is still valid as you
continue to prove as you dig even deeper. ;-(

Its not an opinion. You say energy escapes from a closed system. That is
impossible. If energy escapes its not a closed system.

The total lack of scientific comprehension is actually truly frightening.

And your total lack of honesty and integrity is totally expected but I
guess desperate times ... ;-(

Hint. when in a hole....

Oh the irony, and you another example of your inability to cope.

Oh the irony, and you another example of your inability to cope.

Therefore, because it is obvious you have lost the plot, I'm going to
do you (especially) and everyone else here a favour and ignore any
further replies from you on this (or any other thread where you are
stalking me or just trying to spread more of your vile cr*p).

I *really* hope things turn out better for you in 2017.

Cheers, T i m

Is that your way of admitting you lost the argument and really are a
thick ****?