Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] charlesbutler3@gmail.com is offline

Default Got the Bamboo Plywood (pic)

On Sunday, July 1, 2012 at 6:25:47 PM UTC-5, Leon wrote:
On 7/1/2012 12:24 PM, -MIKE- wrote:
On 7/1/12 12:06 PM, Leon wrote:
On 7/1/2012 11:09 AM, -MIKE- wrote:
On 7/1/12 8:46 AM, Leon wrote:
On 6/30/2012 5:29 PM, -MIKE- wrote:
Here's a pic of the Plyboo I got.
http://www.mikedrums.com/bamboo_on_saw.jpg

Expensive stuff but man is it gorgeous. Cuts like butta and smells
great.
Soon to be cabinet doors, drawer fronts, and cabinet sides.

That is nice looking stuff Mike, , , but how well so you expect
paint to stick to it? ;~)

That was beautiful.

(we want it to have a natural cherry finish... so we're painting it
maroon.)

One of my local suppliers in Houston has the same product samples, that
stuff is better looking that you could ever have imagined.

Looks like it is a dream to cut.

Be sure and post pictures of the done deal.

BTW, I'm looking for suggestions on a topcoat.
- protectant mostly, low to no gloss/sheen, satin at most
- would love if it darkened some, especially if it made the grain "pop"
- obviously ease of application (I don't have a good sprayer)

I honestly have gotten great results from Deft spray lacquer, but it
does nothing to highlight or darken. I haven't ruled out shellac as I've
been looking for an excuse to get into it.

Do you mind if I ask who the local supplier in Houston is that carries it? I am doing a desk and looking for some.