Posted to uk.d-i-y
James Wilkinson Sword James Wilkinson Sword is offline

Default Police comms

On Sun, 25 Dec 2016 18:41:05 -0000, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Sun, 25 Dec 2016 11:54:37 -0000, Cursitor Doom
wrote:
On Sun, 25 Dec 2016 02:15:10 +0000, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:

What law am I breaking by listening to something that has been
broadcast into MY property?

The key point is that police comms do not fall within the legal
definition of "broadcast" which is a signal intended for general
reception. None of the signals originated between agencies of the
emergency services (fire, police, ambulance, coastguard etc.) are
intended for general reception.

Then they shouldn't put them in my house. It's akin to sending post
to every door, then expecting you not to open the ones that don't
have your name on it.

Yes, of course it is.

Yes, it is.

Have you had your daily dose of chocolate and alcohol today Mr Hucker?

PKB.

--
Top Tip. If someone shoves your feet in a fire, quickly put your head in a bucket of iced water. On average, you will be pretty comfortable.