ameijers

Default Metal buckets with covers?

"Ignoramus12377" wrote in message
I need to buy a metal bucket (galvanized) with a cover. I will use it
in conjunction with a fishtank water heater as a water filled source
of radiant heat for a chicken coop for this coming
winter. Unfortunately, I cannot seem to find any store that sells
them, everyone now sells plastic buckets.

The reason why I want to buy galvanized is threefold:

1) it conducts heat better
2) it can be painted black (I assume plastic buckets are not
paintable) to radiate better
3) It can be better grounded, being metallic.

So, where can I buy one? It does not have to have the shape of a
bucket, it can be rectangularly shaped or whatever, but it requires a
cover.

I also own a metal "jerry can" for gasoline, but I am afraid that it
will simply rust through as it is not galvanized inside. I am afraid
to fill it with any kind of oil for safety reasons.

I am not dirt poor and I can spend $10 on a bucket.

I am aware that the alternative solution is an oil filled radiator
heater for small rooms. The problem with them is that their
thermostats are graduated starting with 50-60 degrees or so, and I
want a lower setting, just to keep the coop above freezing.

All the tractor/farm supply stores around here that sell chicks and chicken
feed also sell all the hardware bits for setting up and taking care of the
coop, including heaters. I think most small-coop people w.o a dedicated
heating plant just use IR bulbs in a shielded fixture, or even toaster-style
resistance heaters, hooked to a thermostat or timer. Mounted high, of
course, to avoid that smell of burning yellow fuzz.

aem sends...