Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Just wondering - Heat Transfer

On 25/12/16 02:45, T i m wrote:
On Sun, 25 Dec 2016 08:39:14 +1100, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

snip

Like, many of our electric kettles have had just the element coil in
the bottom but at least one other had the element fused to a plate
covering the entire bottom of the kettle. Why would anyone bother to
do that if there was only one good design?

Because you needed to justify what they were paying you to design stuff.

Quite ... so I guess someone must have done that for us to get a
kettle designed like that?

Cheers, T i m

the incredible naivete that assumes that someone actually designs
electric kettles with some sort of ideal of excellence in mind
astonishes me.

They are designed to look sexy, and sell. One or two of the minor
attributes is that they also need to boil water and not kill customers.

More time will be spent designing the box they are sold in.