Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Curious said Alice!

On 25/12/16 03:09, Mike Tomlinson wrote:
En el artÃ*culo , Huge
escribió:

I recently received a PDF which was only openable and printable from one
of the three operating systems I have available.

I recently received an airline boarding pass - one page of A4, which my
printer refused to print, throwing a page with an "Out of memory" error.

It has 128MB installed.

That is not a huge amount for a complex bitmap.

at 1200 dpi and three bytes per pixel, and about 70 sq in of paper,
that's easily more than 128Mbyte.

"Portable", my arse.

Aye. I suspect Microsoft's crappy "print to PDF" may be responsible,
but am speculating.

Postscript itself is an abortion that not even adobe can deal with. I am
always surprised when it works at all.

Print to PDF works well on Linux mostly.