Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y,uk.legal
James Wilkinson Sword James Wilkinson Sword is offline

Default Police comms

On Sat, 24 Dec 2016 09:01:09 -0000, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

On 24/12/16 09:51, Stephen Thomas Cole wrote:
James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Fri, 23 Dec 2016 20:44:44 -0000, Stephen Thomas Cole
wrote:

Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Fri, 23 Dec 2016 18:25:59 -0000, Stephen Thomas Cole
wrote:
James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Fri, 23 Dec 2016 13:39:16 -0000, Judith
wrote:
On Fri, 23 Dec 2016 11:58:27 +0000, Judith
wrote:
Simon Mason recently said:

".........in distress as do the police on a weekly basis as I
hear them on my scanner."

I would be interested in how it is done : listening in to police
communications.

(I thought it was illegal - but now understand that it isn't -
and people like Simon do it quite legally)

I was wrong - the person who answered the question made a typo !!

It is apparently illegal to listen in - despite what others have
claimed.

If it's encrypted, then you're hacking. If it's (and it did used
to be) open, then you're not breaking any law.

Sure, but, James, what happened to Burt when he checked up on Paul,
James?

I don't know who either of those people are.

FFS don't tell him!
If you do he will infest and destroy your group. This well known troll
destroyed uk.rec.driving

I don't think that ukra is able to be ruined anymore than it already is.
Gareth Alun Evans G4SDW ****ed it ragged about a decade ago.

Nothing can be ****ed by one person. Are you incapable of ignoring one person?

Gareth Alun Evans G4SDW did most of the damage over the decade or so before
I started using the group, so before my time, OM. I did manage to run him
off quite quickly, though, and have since entirely dominated the group,
battering his gang of chums and demented perverts into the ground in the
process, especially Burt.

well tat sort of attitude means you are on probation.

Anybody using the followup header is a worthless troll.

--
Please be bending short long rod before inserting the output firmly inwards to save health unwellness.