Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Is there a better Beef Steak deal at Costco than this?

On Sat, 24 Dec 2016 15:12:50 -0500, Frank "frank wrote:

On 12/24/2016 2:25 PM, wrote:

A lot depends on who grinds the beef. Virtually all of these E-coli
things involve factory ground beef and I am sure they grind every
speck, perhaps including something that was contaminated with gut.
If this is done at the grocery store, the chance of contamination will
come from not following proper practices like not steaming the grinder
after processing chicken. Chicken is probably the dirtiest thing in a
butcher shop.

Ground beef especially from the store should be cooked well done as
exterior bacteria is introduced throughout by grinding.

It's all in the butchering and hanging and gutting a steer keeps gut
contents from contaminating outside surfaces. Gutted chickens have it
splattered all over them and are the dirtiest meat in the butcher shop
or store.

I have been eating raw hamburger for about 65 years and never got sick
so this might be a little overblown.
Or maybe, I have just built up an immunity. Either way I don't like
well done burgers.