Posted to alt.home.repair
RonNNN RonNNN is offline

Default Is there a better Beef Steak deal at Costco than this?

In article ,
says...

On Sat, 24 Dec 2016 18:23:04 +0000 (UTC), Hazuki Nakamura
wrote:

RonNNN said:

Cut the fat into small pieces, or grind it if you have a meat grinder,
and then cook over a low heat until all of the fat has turned into oil.
Add a small amount of water right at first just to keep the fat from
sticking to the bottom of your pan, it will completely evaporate before
you are done. Just strain the oil to remove what solids are left. You'll
know when all of the water is gone when it no longer makes bubbles. You
can do this in a slow cooker if you wish, but I usually do it on the
stove-top. It does take several hours, but no real work.

Thank you for that method which I will try!

If you want Lard (pork fat rules) here is a clean and simple method
with easy cleanup.

Video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzNT_h9Nhts

The process is the same, only the names have been changed to protect the
innocent! [g] I save bacon grease for cooking with too. Yummy!!!

--
RonNNN