Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew[_22_] Andrew[_22_] is offline

Default 13Amp socket with USB Charger

On 23/12/2016 21:38, Tim Watts wrote:
On 23/12/16 17:27, Steve Hall wrote:
On Fri, 23 Dec 2016 16:07:56 +0000, Andy Cap wrote:

On 23/12/16 15:10, Steve Hall wrote:

I tried selling the spacer idea to The Minister of the Interior, but
she wouldn't have it. She also wouldn't consider having the charger
socket elsewhere, or accepting anything other than a flat plate style.
I removed the old BB, chiselled the hole deeper, replaced the box with
a 35mm, and made good.

You require a cabinet reshuffle. Can't have minor ministers running the
show. ;-)

It wasn't really that difficult to do. If I were doing it now, I might
decide to hang on until usb-c models become commonplace, or even
available - are they available now?

There's the problem - USB vX.Y is obsolete before you can cough (every
2-3 years IME for a new higher power version comes out).

So stick to wall warts

Surely an essential reason to buy some new hifi technology, that also
has a USB charging outlet built in :-).