Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Is there a better Beef Steak deal at Costco than this?

On Sat, 24 Dec 2016 16:27:29 +0000 (UTC), Hazuki Nakamura
wrote:

Ed Pawlowski said:

It has to reach
160+ for that to happen

Pork tenderloin 130 to 135. Pork loin 140 t0 150. Pork butt or
shoulder, 185 to break down the collagen.

Chicken 160

This Science American says less but I don't know the details further.
https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...-safety-rules/

The Complex Origins of Food Safety Rules--Yes, You Are Overcooking Your
Food: U.S. agencies recommend temperatures and times far beyond those
supported by science

Not all temperature probes are equal. Take the meat off the cooking
source when it approaches the desired range. Allowing it to rest, the
temps will rise as it is stilling cooking a bit. Resting the meat
allows the juices to be pulled back into the meat for tenderness and
juices.

I have a Maverick ET 733 Wireless BBQ Thermometer for my smoker. Two
probes - one for the meat and one from the grate temps.

Review:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBtD_P3eTdw

I'm now ordering a 2-3 fast read probe (pro quality)

Thermapen® Mk4

(buy it only at the web site due to price variations)

http://www.thermoworks.com/Thermapen-Mk4

Video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=seMqkpNuqvE