Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Is there a better Beef Steak deal at Costco than this?

On Saturday, December 24, 2016 at 12:09:45 AM UTC-5, Arthur Conan Doyle wrote:
Hazuki Nakamura wrote:

I tried Costco tritip, but it was too chewy (maybe I cooked it wrong).
I don't want to get a brisket or other tough meat since I don't know how to
cook them such that they won't be chewy.

Tri-Tip and briskit are tough cuts. They need to be cooked low and slow for a
long time to break down the collegen which is what makes meat tough. Cook them
fast like a regular steak and they will be very tough. When served, they also
need to be cut in thin slices across the grain, not with the grain.

Turning brisket into corned beef or bbq is a classic example of that,