Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default bosch jigsaw

On 12/24/2016 12:00 AM, Puckdropper wrote:
krw wrote in news:3bjr5cp3effcbmilim0g15lp1ii5857lcn@
4ax.com:

On 23 Dec 2016 19:20:22 GMT, Puckdropper
puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com wrote:

*trim*

IIRC, my 1590 does have a blower... it's good enough. It's the switch
with two positions.

Sucking is better than blowing.

Not always. (Do you like to argue?) Try this experiment (Bill Pentz
came up with it): Take a ping pong ball and two straws. One person can
only blow through the straw and the other can only suck. Try to get the
ball to go out of a circle or into an area. The person blowing will win
every game.

If you need to see a line, a blower can be more efficient than trying to
suck the dust away.

Puckdropper

Maybe for moving ping pong balls. ;~) In this instance I would rather
the debris be removed at the source rather than blowing it all over the
area. FWIW my Milwaukee jig saw has a blower and it blows. Works much
better with the shop vac attached and running.