Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Just wondering - Heat Transfer

On Sat, 24 Dec 2016 15:27:44 +0000, dennis@home

On 24/12/16 15:35, T i m wrote:
So, if the element was just a single 30cm 10mm diameter 'loop' and was
rated at say 10kW, wouldn't the water around the element boil (and I'm
not sure how that would affect the energy transfer / efficiency)?

It would make it 100% efficient like it already was.

Christ almighty, the lefty****s here are displaying an amazing total
lack of understanding of the basic physics of heating, just like they do
in the real world...no wonder we have wind turbines with these ****s
voting for people like themselves in government.

Do you really care whether your tank reaches thermal equilibrium in 3
minutes or 4 minutes?

While some here may like to discuss physics there are others that are

snip

I don't think they (those left brainers) can help it, it's just how
they are wired (so how they react is sort of to be expected).

And the irony is that they can't see what they are, only the right
brainers can. ;-)

You can easily tell said 'cold and prickly's apart from the 'warm and
fuzzy's' apart just from their replies in this thread.

But hey, the world needs pure analytical machines or we wouldn't get
sites like Gridwatch. ;-)

Cheers, T i m