Big-T

Default Metal buckets with covers?

Ignoramus12377 wrote:

I need to buy a metal bucket (galvanized) with a cover. I will use it
in conjunction with a fishtank water heater as a water filled source
of radiant heat for a chicken coop for this coming
winter. Unfortunately, I cannot seem to find any store that sells
them, everyone now sells plastic buckets.

Got another idea for you. It's what my dad used to use. He just
mounted a big honking resister to a small board and covered it with an
upside-down metal bread pan screwed down to the board. I'm not sure of
the exact value of the resister, but it is not really critical. It was
one of those ceramic types about the size of your thumb. Also just
drill a bunch of holes in the bread pan so the heat can get out. It
serves as a heat shield. It can be mounted on a sidewall next to the
nesting boxes.
Big-T