Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default LED life.

In article ,
Andrew Gabriel wrote:
Your best bet to avoid this is to buy from reputable electronics
supply chain, but that's still no guarantee.

It sounds like the ones you bought were produced extremely cheaply;
poor quality LEDs and too little phosphor. At a couple of years old,
they can't have done even 20000 hours, even if used 24/7.

Because of the time of year and possibly slower postage, I've just
replaced them with the identical spares I had. Which will at least sort it
for some time.

But will get some better spares for next time. Any suggestions for the
most reliable supplier? The spec would be 5mm diffused warm white. They
don't need to be super efficient or whatever, as power isn't a problem.

--
*A backward poet writes inverse.*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.