Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.radio.amateur,uk.legal
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Police comms

In the UK you cannot listen in as the transmissions use the mobile network
and are encrypted. In some parts of the world the police have divided comms,
there are the normal fm ones and the encrypted ones. Since most of the
crooks probably have scanners you do not really want anyone listening if you
are about to raid an address, now do you?
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"Judith" wrote in message
Simon Mason recently said:

".........in distress as do the police on a weekly basis as I hear them on
my
scanner."

I would be interested in how it is done : listening in to police
communications.

(I thought it was illegal - but now understand that it isn't - and people
like
Simon do it quite legally)