Posted to uk.d-i-y
Scott[_17_] Scott[_17_] is offline

Default 13Amp socket with USB Charger

On Sat, 24 Dec 2016 03:45:34 +0000, ARW

In article ,
Andy Bennet wrote:
On 23/12/2016 14:40, DerbyBorn wrote:
Provided I get a decent make - are there any risks to consider? Any
snags?

FWIW I think they are a horrible gimmick. They will permanently take
power even when you are not charging anything - albeit a small amount.
Eventually the smoothing electrolytics will blow potentially causing a
hazard.

But most people leave their phone charger plugged in and switched on when
not in use - so not really any different. Except that a decent quality one
built into a steel back box isn't going to be anything like the same
hazard if it should explode or whatever.

Well s

Despite my comments I was tempted. However, I thought the charging
module looked better than a combined socket/USB charge.

https://www.mkelectric.com/en-gb/Pro...s/default.aspx