Posted to rec.woodworking

Default bosch jigsaw

" wrote in
:

Cordless drills (drills, not drivers) had been invented when I bought
my Bosch jigsaw. On drills lights make sense because you can and do
drill when you do not have a good site line to what you are drilling.
And drill in small enclosed spaces with poor visibility. But jigsaws
are usually used where you can see what you are cutting and follow the
line. With drills you are laying on your belly with your arm
stretched out and drilling a hole or driving a screw. You don't
operate jigsaws like that. So lights on jigsaws make just a little
more sense than lights on circular saws. Do people want lights on
their worm drive Skilsaw?

I'm young, I've got good low-light vision. I don't need much light, but
a single LED on either side of the blade would be nice when I'm trying to
freehand a cut. The saw casts a shadow, I cast a shadow, sometimes that
line gets to be rather dark.

Puckdropper