Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default 13Amp socket with USB Charger

In article ,
Andy Bennet wrote:
On 23/12/2016 14:40, DerbyBorn wrote:
Provided I get a decent make - are there any risks to consider? Any
snags?

FWIW I think they are a horrible gimmick. They will permanently take
power even when you are not charging anything - albeit a small amount.
Eventually the smoothing electrolytics will blow potentially causing a
hazard.

But most people leave their phone charger plugged in and switched on when
not in use - so not really any different. Except that a decent quality one
built into a steel back box isn't going to be anything like the same
hazard if it should explode or whatever.

--
*Virtual reality is its own reward *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.