Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default 13Amp socket with USB Charger

"Caecilius" wrote in message
On Fri, 23 Dec 2016 14:40:07 GMT, DerbyBorn
wrote:

Provided I get a decent make - are there any risks to consider? Any snags?

The UK 13-amp socket has been more or less unchanged for at least half
a century. You could use a modern plug in a 1960s socket. There's a
reasonable chance that a modern socket will be usable in several
decades' time.

USB charging is fairly new, and the standards are still changing. What
maximum current is enough; how to negotiate the charging current;
varioud quick-charge standards etc. I suspect that things will have
moved on a long way in ten years time.

But no big deal if you have to change it in that time, they arent that
expensive.