Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank[_24_] Frank[_24_] is offline

Default Is there a better Beef Steak deal at Costco than this?

On 12/23/2016 3:04 PM, Hazuki Nakamura wrote:
Is there a better beef steak deal at Costco than this?
http://i.cubeupload.com/SiZLJz.jpg

I cut off about 4-1/4 pounds of fat, where the result is about sixteen
10-ounce steaks out of the original $75 14-3/4 slab of meat:
http://i.cubeupload.com/LyZAKj.jpg

My kid loves steak, but I'm not much of a cook, and he doesn't like the
maillard reaction that everyone else seems to love when cooking steak.

So I bake the steak at about 200 degrees in the oven until it measures
about 145 degrees inside.
https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...-safety-rules/

This is what I do, where the result is about seven dollars a pound or about
five dollars for every 10-ounce steak, so I'm just wondering if there is a
better deal at Costco for beef steak?

Sounds like good steak, lousy cook.
Good steak does not have to be cooked well done. Inside of uncut meat
is sterile and bacteria on surface is destroyed by cooking.