Posted to alt.home.repair
Stormin' Norman Stormin' Norman is offline

Default I will no longer recite the Pledge of Allegiance

On Thu, 22 Dec 2016 17:09:31 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 12/22/2016 12:55 PM, Stormin' Norman wrote:

We bitch about the illegals but in reality we need at least some of them
to do the jobs we won't do. Sure, some tune up of the system is needed
but we don't need a wall

What is your objection to a border barrier, be it a fencing or walls?

A proper barrier would dramatically reduce the number of human
officers on the border and would dramatically reduce costs and
increase security over the long term.

Check out how the illegals are getting here. 2/3 come by airplane. So
a $15billion wall (actual estimates are 15 to 20 B) will slow down a few
people that don't have a ladder or boat. While you are at it, take a
good look at where the border goes. There are buildings that straddle
the border. Do you partition them? Dam the rivers?

Can you provide a citation pertaining to how the existing 11 million
illegals arrived in this nation? I can find nothing to substantiate
your assertion.

For the sake of argument, let's say your numbers are accurate. If a
barrier can keep 3 million illegals from entering, then so be it. 3
million is the same number of people who were given amnesty by Reagan.

Building a border barrier has been discussed in this group previously.
It is not rocket science to build a double row, 30ft fence with
concertina wire, video surveillance, vibration and sound sensors.

Anyone who has served in the military or who has any civil engineering
background understands this is not insurmountable. As for the path,
you build the barrier where you can, you can easily build anywhere on
the US side of the border, if we need to put the fence one mile inside
the border, it makes no difference. If you need to deal with a north
south river, you either cross it or ensure it is a guarded and
patrolled point of entry, a very simple problem.

How do you stop people from digging under the wall? There are tunnels
already.

A wall may sound good at a political rally but from a practical point,
it is not going to work very well.

90 miles of ocean did not stop Cubans, don't expect much from a wall.

Your arguments seem to be intentionally obtuse. Border barriers are
effective all over the world. If we can deter 99% of illegal border
crossers with a barrier, that would be an excellent result. If the
cost of the barrier is $14 billion, well, that is pocket change
compared to the federal budget and the ultimate cost savings.

I will give you another chance, please explain your true objection to
a barrier?