Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,sci.electronics.repair
Frank Baron Frank Baron is offline

Default How do I decide if these five tires are holed too close to the sidewall?

On Thu, 22 Dec 2016 00:55:50 -0500, Steve W. advised:

None of those are sidewall related. I will plug/patch a tire with
usable tread right to the edge of the tread mold. You are still in
multiple ply area there.

Thanks Steve.
I didn't know it at first but now I know that you want the patch/plug to be
in the area within the steel circumferential belts.

Apparently the edge of the belts is a DMZ of sorts though ...