Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default mitre saw

wrote
John Rumm wrote
On 21/12/2016 17:35, wrote:
On Wed, 21 Dec 2016 13:49:05 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

In article ,
fred wrote:

why not just rent one

Might well be the best way.

I doubt it and for the sake of £100 I'd prefer to buy.

Expect to pay £300+ for a good slider.

In view of the comments about set up and rigidity I'll go for the
simple one as long as it can cut 45 degrees through a 3 by 2.

Check carefully before buying - the cut capacity at 45 is smaller than
at 90. My first chop saw would do a 4x2 laid flat on the bed, but could
not mitre that size or cut it with the wood tall axis vertical.

The aldi slider's fine at £75 IIRC, but not there now.

Any mitre saw will build a shed, even a rock bottom thing.

Dunno why you need a mitre saw for
a shed. A chop saw is all you need.

But he does appear to want to buy something he
can use for other stuff after using it to build the shed.

Hiring makes no sense.

True.