Posted to alt.home.repair
Meanie[_6_] Meanie[_6_] is offline

Default I will no longer recite the Pledge of Allegiance

On 12/21/2016 6:07 PM, trader_4 wrote:
On Wednesday, December 21, 2016 at 4:30:38 PM UTC-5, Meanie wrote:
On 12/21/2016 3:57 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 12/21/2016 1:57 PM, Stormin' Norman wrote:

Might be a good idea for some people to look beyond their hatred and
try acting like compassionate citizens of the wealthiest nation which
has ever existed.

Secure the border, close and lock the door, don't beat the crap out of
people who have come in out of the cold to get warm and earn their
daily bread.

I can go with that. Even the Native

Americans came from someplace else and all four of my grandparents did
too. So did some of everyone elses here.

We bitch about the illegals but in reality we need at least some of them
to do the jobs we won't do. Sure, some tune up of the system is needed
but we don't need a wall

That's one of the main arguments. If they weren't doing the jobs we
don't want to do, there would be those who will eventually do them when
their livelihood is on the line.

ROFL. To do that would require getting rid of unemployment payments,
SSI, welfare, food stamps and all the other aid available today.
What are the chances of that happening?

I friend of mine builds golf courses. We was building one outside
NYC and put ads in every place possible to attract people from NYC,
the poor areas. You know how many he got? None. He uses Costa Ricans.
Those guys bust their ass for $15 an hour all day long. Even if you
could get an American for $30, they'd be on their cell phone, bitching,
filing for slip and falls, filing discrimination complaints, and not
doing much work.

The illegal alien stigma is attached to
those jobs establishing the belief they are poor or mediocre positions.
I would work those jobs if my livelihood depended on it.

Most Americans would be dead the first day because they couldn't take it.
But they wouldn't get that far. They'd be loafing off, getting fired,
collecting unemployment, filing for worker's comp, SSI, etc.

Agreed. The government teat is feeding the lazy American workers and
that is a problem. If they were eliminated or drastically reduced, I
believe they'd consider doing those $15 hour jobs.