Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim Jim is offline

Default Flap Wheel grit size

Mike Perkins Wrote in message:
On 21/12/2016 19:13, jim wrote:
Harry Bloomfield Wrote in message:
Mike Perkins was thinking very hard :
Having never used these before and having to de-rust a large steel plate with
modest pits, what is the most suitable grit size I should use?

This is for a 4.5" / 115mm angle grinder.

I also got the impression the finer grit sized wheels last longer?

Can anyone assist with pros and cons?

Electrolysis rust removal works rather well and only removes the rust.

Phosphoric acid off ebay, rinse, dry, paint

I'm not sure how practical that is. The rinsing will also produce an
unwanted oxide layer on the plate that has been sanded back to clean metal.

So don't rinse with water?

Shurely you'll be using an anti rust paint?

If not why are you recycling half gone sheet steel?

--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/