Posted to alt.home.repair
Davej Davej is offline

Default Harbor Freight bead breaker?

On Tuesday, December 13, 2016 at 12:40:57 PM UTC-6, Frank Baron wrote:

Last night, I destroyed the tire changer bead-breaking arm:
http://i.cubeupload.com/LqS6N4.jpg

It bent like it was made out of butter.

I may have to head back to Harbor Freight for this one:
http://i.cubeupload.com/ics54M.jpg

I have both of them. They are both weak. As with any Chinese tool
you usually need to strengthen or otherwise improve what you get.
So the general rule is to use them gently with caution. However
it is probably cheaper to improve them than to buy the vastly more
expensive industrial/professional-grade tools. Youtube can be
helpful as people will show you what they did to destroy or improve
various cheap tools.