Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Leon Fisk Leon Fisk is offline

Default lubricant for zinc and aluminum alloys

On Wed, 21 Dec 2016 10:35:05 -0500
"Michael A. Terrell" wrote:

snip
I just assembled one of these: http://www.ebay.com/itm/272279931838
It was under $16, delivered, or it can be bought from Home Depot. There
are just four screws to put the end bars on the bottom, and it took
under a minute.

I like it, would have been nice to have back when I was working.

I have several of the Panavise holders, but this takes up less bench
space. The Panavise were Hamfest finds, 25+ years ago, for $15 each.
They were from a closed down electronics plant, in Bushnel Florida.

The Panavise holders as I remember them were a lot more robust than
your ebay item. A LOT more expensive too. Nowadays I would like one for
holding odd shaped items now and them. They had quite the jaw span.

The PanaVise 366 Wide Opening Head or Panavise Model 376 Self-Centering
Wide Opening Head would probably be a better choices...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vise-Head-11...-/381804417381

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PanaVise-366...-/252352762225

We have a whole lot more affordable choices nowadays

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b