Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech
dpb dpb is offline

Default How do I decide if these five tires are holed too close to thesidewall?

On 12/21/2016 10:10 AM, Frank Baron wrote:
How do I decide if these five tires are holed too close to the sidewall?
http://i.cubeupload.com/qD9rZv.jpg

None of those are even close to the sidewall; they're all well out in
tread area.

I guess the first question is *WHY* we can't patch next to the sidewall.
Is it that the patch won't hold? Why?
Is it that the patch will flex too much?
Or is it that the belts are damaged and they will break?

All of the above in greater/lesser degree depending on just where and
how bad the damage is...