Chris French

Default Recessing elecric socket - please help!

In message , Martin Angove
writes

And while we're on the subject of tiny ones and electrical safety, can
I expound my theory that "safety socket covers" actually make electrical
sockets *more* dangerous?

snip

And why do we need the darned things anyway? Most 3-pin sockets [1] have
a very good "gate" arrangement

We do have the covers - ours are very hard to remove, but I think they
probably serve little purpose.

Maybe we're just a bit odd, but ever since our boy (now 22 months)
became interested in plugs and sockets (about a year ago), we've taught
him how to insert and remove plugs safely. He now "helps" by plugging in
the hairdryer and switching on table lamps and the like.

We haven't done that, but mostly I think because it's never come up - I
realise thinking about it that most stuff stays plugged in so she's
never really come across it much.

In general though we've encouraged her to help out and be involved in
things, she likes to empty the dishwasher and stand on a chair next to
you chopping up veg when your cooking dinner - well, she can just about
cut up a mushroom with a little blunt children's knife:-)

When she was little she found LV plug on the end of wall-wart power
supply lead that was plugged in and turned on - didn't like it when she
put it in her mouth :-( - I tried it too, you get quite a little tingle
on your tongue :-)

What I love are those little table tennis ball sized things you are
supposed to put over all the sharp corners on tables etc.
--
Chris French, UK.
Dad to Elinor (born 2001/02/25)